Critical Thinking: The Soul of Communication

 We would think poor communication could only affect the relationship between humans. However, after reading the expert, I am surprised to know that poor communication in businesses could cause US$37 billion. I would have never thought that good communication is a huge factor needed to boost a company's revenue. 

Indeed, the key to good communication is the critical thinking behind it. One should practice analysing and evaluating his or her thoughts before expressing them to their colleagues. This would improve the workflow of companies by avoiding the complications of bad communication in the workplace.

Speaking of poor communication, there were instances where I encountered that caused conflicts between me and my colleagues, I was lucky that these conflicts did not cause huge losses to the company financially, but because my manager was able to keep the situation under control. It made me realise then that a simple conversation can be the cause of a misunderstanding.

Nevertheless, critical thinking helps to straighten out our thoughts and ideas, making it easy for effective communication. Unmuddled thinking allows a person to speak clearly and confidently, as they make rational decisions. Without a doubt, critical thinking is the driver of effective communication.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal letter: Self Introduction

The importance of communication skills for engineers

Design Summary (Draft 1): Space Telescope